Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What a Difference a Kind Word Makes
There is much happy buzz about The Raving Atheist's becoming The Raving Theist. So I dropped by to check it out and left a brief comment expressing my gladness. I was amazed to receive a lovely reply, including some background on how I came to be a Saint of the Week. What pulled me up short in this note, besides the fact that I was remembered after all this time, was being told, "but you were so darned nice."

That couldn't have come at a better time. Ready to declare war on the USPS (and our postman in particular), the phone company, the dogs and various members of my family, I was feeling anything but nice. Surely surly would be more apt. Not particularly Christian, nor even civilized.

But taking a breather from one of my rants and checking my email brought a reminder that I was capable of a better, more honorable way of thinking. And that is one more blessing for which I am most grateful.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter