Friday, December 19, 2008

This is the kind of day I lived for as a child.  That was then.
It looks like a snowy mess out there.  My sleep was interrupted by the intermittent plows plus the guy in the Jeep who was having fun spinning around the cul-de-sac at 3:30am.  I was having fun watching him.  One spin-out is an accident.  Fifteen or more counts as recreation.   There were one or two maneuvers when I had visions of him skittering right across our front yard and into our living room.  (This has been known to happen on our street.)  Which would be so unfortunate, what with our glittering, sublime Christmas tree in the front window.

I was going to try to catch the garbage man today to give him a little something for Christmas.  A little something to make up for the outrageous loads of stuff he so graciously hauls away.  He is always gracious and goes beyond the level of service that WasteManagement demands.  I don't like taping an envelope to the garbage can, lest it be overlooked or fall off.  So my initial plan was to listen for his truck and run out.  But I don't know if this is going to work.  Maybe the little envelope will have to wait for next week.

Time to pull it together and figure out how I'm getting to work.  If this were 12/26 rather than 12/19, I would just take the day off.  But there is too much to do.  Too, too much.  This may be one day when a big box truck may just be the ticket.  A big box truck driven by a man with snowplow driving experience - a man who thinks driving in snow is fun.  And if the truck is blocked, there is always Clyde the husky...


No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter