Monday, November 17, 2008

The Summa Mamas Monday Day Book
Outside My Window... Dump trucks, back hoes and other equipment involved in a water/sewer project of epic proportion. This has to go down in the books as the least restful sick day I could have possibly taken.
I am thinking... ahead!
I am thankful for... the fun of Emily’s shower. And for my sister and niece being able to attend.
From the kitchen... not much at this moment.
I am wearing... Lanz nightgown topped plus a heavy cable knit sweater, slipper socks and my favorite Maine Isle Flip-flops. Not exactly what I see in Vanity Fair. Let’s call them ‘comfort clothes.’
I am creating... in my mind. I finished the nesting boxes that my sister commissioned for Emily and I’m having one of those decoupage overdose days.
I am going... slowly.
I am reading... Infinite Jest, The Habit of Being, the usual backlog of magazines and catalogs. And the December Vanity Fair - so I can feel both dowdy and morally superior.
I am hoping... for the best. Prepared for the worst.
I am hearing... Dump trucks, back hoes, etc. It looks like they are just going to work ‘round the clock until the ordeal is done.
Around the house... a moment of blessed tidiness in the wake of my sister’s visit. It won’t last.
One of my favorite things... Young pot-bellied pigs.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: The usual. Plus some plotting for Thanksgiving.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter