Sunday, November 09, 2008

Christmas shopping season opens; Macy's Unveils Tree
Today's sign of the end times.
I have now packed away the Halloween decorations and arrayed the living room in gourds and turkeys.
When I was little, my mother had a couple of little turkeys and some turkey salt and pepper shakers that she brought out when setting the table for Thanksgiving. I think I have gone in for a broader collection of turkeys (displayed for most of November) as my way of pushing back against the premature Christmas onslaught.

Yes, I have been socking away various gifts all year. But the Christmas shopping season? That hasn't started yet.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter