Thursday, October 02, 2008

Spirits in the Night -
With All Due Thanks to Our Guardian Angels...

October 2, 1975. I was a (temporary) college drop-out and my sister was sixteen. I think the tickets for our night in music history were a paltry ten dollars - to see the future of rock and roll. And then some.

Of course Mom was dismayed when we called home about the "bomb threat." This was one of those "wait 'til you have children of your own - then you'll understand" moments. And now I do. But I'm also thankful that the folks didn't make us come home right away.

It was more lack of preparedness than goodness that kept us from going to the bars with most of the other concertgoers. If we had expected a protracted delay, there would certainly been some sort of ID for Karen. Really.

Instead, we had root beer at the Red Barn and returned early to loiter with other devotees. Were we loose? No. But we were lucky. Able to trade good seats (in this small venue they were all good) for excellent seats.

Best concert ever.

Seem like the whole world walking pretty
And you can't find the room to move
Well everybody better move over, that's all
I'm running on the bad side
And I got my back to the wall...
The night is dark but the sidewalk's bright
And lined with the light of the living...

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter