Saturday, July 12, 2008

Listen, I'm not joking. This is my job!
Saturday morning…I’m at work right now. Which is what I had been planning on.
I’ve been scheduled for today for about a month. I’m not sure if I am eligible for ‘personal days’ yet, so knowing that I had an extra work day scheduled was a major determinant in whether or not to take off Monday to go see my sister.

Now…in what can be best described using a military term that starts with “cluster-,” I come in to work followed five minutes later by a part-time employee who thought she was scheduled. She doesn’t want to go home because it would waste gas (with gas at $4.35 a gallon, this kind of dispute will become more common)..I’m thinking (but not saying, because, blogging at work notwithstanding, I wish to be the consummate professional), “You have a real job. This is my real job. I’m not doing this for a little something extra..”

I shall say no more. But I think I will take it up with my direct supervisor on Monday.
I won’t leave a note. I’m more restrained when speaking. At least with those outside the family. At this moment, a note would definitely begin: What kind of cluster…

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter