Thursday, April 10, 2008


When our pastor went to Rome a year or so ago, he asked if he could bring me anything. I said there was no thing I wanted, but if he had the happy chance to visit Santa Maria della Vittoria and see Bernini's Ecstasy of St. Teresa, I would appreciate hearing a first hand account. (And a bit of reassurance that it was still there and waiting for my eventual visit.)

Father was back in Rome this past week. I received a delightful surprise when I walked into work the other morning and was given a message. Father had called. There was no important work message for me. I was told he had visited and prayed for me at "that, you know, St. Teresa church." I was touched that he had remembered. When he was back in the office this morning, I was eager to debrief him.

"Tell me it is as beautiful as in the art books."

"It is. And more..."

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter