Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Santos! Collect Them All!!!
Bridget was tickled to find that there is one of those gum ball and trinket vending machine at Dominick's that has little (maybe one inch?) saint statues. Last week she brought me the Sacred Heart and St. Juan Diego.

Today's numinous coincidence: She was running to the store, so I handed her fifty cents and asked her to get me one of those tiny saints. She splurged and bought me six in hopes of advancing the completion of the total complement. One - on today, April 2 - was a tiny and incredibly realistic John Paul II. (I've seen bigger, much costlier statues that bear much less resemblance!) I had to run back to Dominick's a few hour laters. On the way out I stopped to see 'who' I still needed. Just one...the only one missing is St. Anthony.

UPDATE! I found where I can get 250 of them for $36. Too much of a good thing, I think!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter