Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"The Jury Commissioners have denied your request for excuse."
To be excused.
For an excuse.
What is more baffling? The fact that I could not convince the Jury Commission that I am totally unfit for jury duty - not to mention in need of transportation to the Courthouse, which I do not think is implied in the statement that those who fail to comply may be picked up by the Sheriff - or the wording of the rejection.

I said nothing snarky when calling for a deferral. I sure don't need the Sheriff picking me up for being a smart-aleck. Fortunately I was able to cash in my one-time-only deferral without having to take out my tiny violin and sing a song about sharing the car with Martha, the rheumatologist's appointment etc. combined with the fact that the Lake County Courthouse gives me the willies. I didn't even come close to some comment about all the thieves and whores...in addition to those on trial. Hey - I got that from my sister, who, after 20+ years in criminal law has some strong opinions of the justice system.

So...we'll put off to September what we could do in April. I know that when September comes I will regret this, but for now it feels good.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter