Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Comin' up next on The Violence Channel: An all-new "Ow...
Has anyone noticed the resemblance between a certain Pepsi ad (featuring Justin Timberlake) and a fictional TV show depicted in a dystopian cult fave movie?

I'm not as easily shocked as many of my friends - in fact, I fear at times that I have become inured to most of the 'mysterium iniquitatis.' But lately...well, things just seem bizarre. I've spent close to fifty years adopting the personnae of my favorite fictional characters. I am caught off guard by the sudden realization that I am no long Nancy Drew, Cherry Ames or Lucy Van Pelt. I'm feeling like a 21st C. feminine Dr. Tom More - without the luxury of a HoJo's hideout.

and the question came to me: has it happened at last?
If only there were a lapsometer stashed under my bed/office, down there with the Bop-It Extreme, two broken rosaries, a pair and a half of L.L.Bean Maine-Isle Flip-Flops and a substantial ball of dog hair. Electrolytes, anyone?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter