Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Found what I'm looking for…
I could have save $10.88 by utilizing the Search Inside feature at amazon.com. But I went ahead and ordered How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci when what I was really looking for was
How Not to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
. You know, as a little inspiration for the little (and not so little) Leonardos living under my roof. I just don't think How to Think Like Leonardo is going to be all that helpful for our unit study. In fact, some things (e.g. Make Smells a Theme for a Day) are puerile joke minefield when teaching teenaged boys.

"OK boys, open your Leonardo notebooks. What do you smell right now? Describe what you smell right now . . . as vividly as you can."

Do I regret the purchase of The Encyclopedia of Immaturity? No, not at all.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter