Saturday, January 26, 2008

With apologies to Amy Welborn...
...Today's Dictionary.com word of the day reminds me of a story. The word is caterwaul. A week or two ago I was trying to finish packing away the Christmas stuff. To pick up the pace I turned on whatever CD happened to be in the player. It was Amy Winehouse's Back to Black. It helped. Rick didn't agree and stuck his head in the living room to ask what all the "caterwauling" was. And I said, "Don't you know? It's Amy Welborn. You know, the really talented and rather doomed singer. You know, the girl with the really, really bad eye liner."

Sorry Amy. (You're in good company. I've called Tennessee Williams, Tennessee Tuxedo)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter