Monday, March 26, 2007

What do you mean I can't take off my sweater? I'm hot!
This isn’t kvetching…it’s a cry for help.
I had forgotten how hot it can get at work on these beautiful days…when the radiators have not yet been turned off for the season. I’m wearing a short-sleeved shirt, skirt and sandals (perhaps my only chance for the public to see the only pedicure I may ever have) and I still feel like I’m melting. Luckily the window wasn’t swollen shut today, so I don’t have the same suffocating feeling that I had on Friday. I hate to call a maintenance man to open my window. That just seems so, well, wimpy. But I don’t like to pound on the frame too hard, either. I did that once when some children from our parish school were going along the sidewalk, and I think I scared them. (“Look, that crazy woman is trying to escape!”) I also know what it feels like to put my fist through a pane of glass. An interesting experience; and relatively painless, but I don’t want to press my luck.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter