Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pi Progress...
I'm up to ten places. Which is probably the best I can do. I'm doing this mainly as a parlor trick and another way to keep my brain soft and supple. The mental equivalent of that trick in which you invert your arms, making circles of your thumbs and forefingers and holding them over your eyes to simulate "Debbie Reynolds' eyeglasses." Not especially useful, but there is comfort in knowing that you are still limber enought to do it.

I've read up on the people who visualize the numbers in pairs to symbolize people and then string the characters out in a story. That sounds a little hard for me. The best I can do is memorize numbers in chunks. And like the person who begins a table blessing and veers off into the pledge of allegiance, the Our Father and the preamble to the Constitution...I find myself starting into Social Security numbers, childhood phone numbers and bank account numbers. Which, I suppose I could recite at a family dinner....and maybe convince 75% of the crowd that I knew what I was doing. But I would know better. And a few other attendees. And God.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter