Tuesday, March 20, 2007


The April issue of First Things...
has a good article on homeschooling. I tend to judge myself harshly in the light of the homeschooling experience of others and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone in my family had hidden the the new issue when it arrived. But I dredged it up while looking for breakfast reading on Sunday. “A day in the life of a homeschooling mother,” had me tearing into the hermetically sealed package.

Sally Thomas has written a concise explanation of homeschooling that gives the uninitiated a lovely glimpse into the ‘lifestyle’ of homeschooling as well, as explaining the motivation behind it. And unlike many homeschooling articles, this one didn’t make me want to stick my head in the oven. (In Simpson-speak, I would have to describe my homeschooling persona in two words: Moe Szyslak.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter