Tuesday, September 05, 2006

So relieved...
Everythiing went well with today's procedure. As so many people have said, the anticipation is 100 times worse than the event. Painless and fascinating. Also sort of a blast from the past because the GI lab is in what used to be Labor and Delivery, where our delightful Misses Frances and Bridget made their debuts twenty some years ago.

I guess I was supposed to be more or less asleep but the maximum mixture of Fentanyl and Versed just had me relaxed and chatty. (if there is a little Rasputin in some of my children, they must get it from me!) I could actually look over my shoulder at the screen to watch as the fiber optics plumbed the depths of my being (to put it in as poetic a way as possible.) And I thought it was cool to watch my stomach being x-rayed back in high-school. That was black and white, very low definition, so Seventies.

Nothing needed removing and I don't have to go back for five years. I felt a little guilty telling my sister, after all her travails of this summer. But she pointed it out that it is probably better this way. If I had actually had a colonoscopy a year or two ago, my pristine colon could have lulled her into a sense of complacency about her self. All in all, she came out of everything in great shape, but the doctor said if about six more months had elapsed she would have been in bigger trouble.

Am still waiting to hear about my friend who was having surgery at the same time. I tried to give the nurse the slip and work my way over to the surgical waiting area on my way out, but was not successful.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter