Friday, September 08, 2006

And ixnay on the igpay atinlay....
Reading Karen Hall on “Why Caleb Can’t Read” was a blast from the past, in an “I laughed and felt her pain” sort of way. All I can add to the discussion is that, from my experience, one should be very cautious when filling out school forms. Telling our public school that we spoke other languages besides English (i.e. high school German and French, Pig Latin and Pidgin Sign) was not a good idea.

When I enrolled Bridget in pre-school, the form asked “Was your child born too soon? and if so, by how much?" I was so tempted to say “about five years.” Sometimes rational thought prevails. And other times not, such as replying to Embot’s good grade in Latin with “I’may osay easedplay.”

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter