Friday, January 06, 2006

Bummer.
Now I’m sick. Counting my blessings that we were all well for the wedding, but disappointed that I couldn’t pull myself together for our office Christmas party. I may be able to have a productive week-end. As long as I can perform all tasks from the fetal position under a pile of blankets.

We had our grab bag gifts ready to go.
Perhaps I will save the Rocky Balboa Dancing Hamster Doll for next year. What I was looking forward to passing along is The Bad Catholic’s Guide to Good Living.* This is a treasure that can’t wait. I’ve had such a blast reading it that I was psyched to give a copy away. Not that it will take me long to find an opportunity. But it is always fun to surprise people with a clever gift. Like a singing fish plaque, an annoying dancing hamster or a really good book. That must be the appeal of the present swap at the party...it’s as close as any of us get to appearing on Let’s Make a Deal.

* I’m not enamored of the concept of buying onself Christmas gifts - be it book or Jaguar - but I rationalized this one on the grounds that tacking it on to one last Amazon order qualified me for SuperSaver shipping.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter