Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Speaking of Exodus.....
I think I am getting cold feet. Our parish is starting a Bible study with Catholic Scripture Study International. I volunteered to help with the children’s group. It is starting to sound like a little more work than I bargained for. (Having. Bad. Flashback. CCD. Teaching...Room. Spinning.) Not to mention the mandatory anti-abuse training for those who work with children, implemented after the time I was hired to work as a primary school aide two years ago. (Another Flashback. Children. Lines. Playground...Starting to sweat...) I just couldn’t commit to attending the session last night which was held at 6:30pm about 30 miles from here. I’ve passed the background check. I’m allowed to work in the Church. But I’m not committing to attending the training until I know that there are more students signed up for the evening session. Because right now the total evening children’s enrollment is Eddie. Who will be withdrawn if no one else is registered. I thought this would be a good opportunity to enrich his education while mingling with other kids. Sitting in a classroom alone with me once a week from 7:00 to 9:00 just isn’t going to work. And, to tell the truth, now that I’ve looked at the adult study materials, I hope I get a chance to join the grown-up class. That looks like it will great.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter