Friday, June 03, 2005

Idyllic. And I was, of course, oblivious and most often unappreciative.
MamaT asks, among other things, for us to describe our childhoods.

Some friends of mine are going to make a day trip to my hometown this week-end. I was trying to describe growing up in Cedarburg and foremost in my mind was my lack of appreciation for how wonderful it was. People drive from all over to visit this city and kids like my sister and I couldn’t wait to get out. It was pretty close to perfect. Other people appreciate it. So much that we couldn’t afford to move back in if we wanted to.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter