Thursday, February 03, 2005

In a show of solidarity...
with the Vatican, just about everybody is sick. Sick at work. Sick at home. I, myself, am feeling better. Although I did have a short spell of apoplexy yesterday morning when our local FOX affiliate dragged out Tim Unsworth to be designated commentator on the Papacy. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise - there was a definite need for an adrenaline charge to get my day going.

Went to bed counting my blessings...we’re OK. The Pope’s doing OK. (It is so sweet to hear Eddie spontaneously praying for the Holy Father.) A really annoying day was drawing to a close. I finally got a chance to watch “Saved.” I had to be sitting up anyway...waiting for my comforter to go through the wash. (Nothing says “Welcome home MOM!” like dog vomit on the bed.)

Scrappy woke me up in the middle of the night. Making sounds that were a cross between wretching and an asthma attack. I picked him up and ran through the house looking for a veterinary professional. Fran diagnosed his problem as “reverse sneezing.” He spent the night outside of my room. I don’t mind sitting up with ailing people, but sneezing dogs are where I draw the line. And let’s spare the snowy fresh comforter, please. (The dogs are in my dog house anyway, since Bessie almost broke my hand and dragged my barely clother body across the backyard on Tuesday morning. I learned my lesson - I will never let my hand get looped in her tether again. When a scent hound catches a scent, she doesn’t want to wait to Mom to get untangled.)

Let’s get the day underway. There’s work to be done. And education and damage control when I get home. Lots of damage control.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter