Saturday, January 22, 2005

I've got the most scathingly brilliant idea!
Joanne Jacobs links to an almost comic article about government subsidized diplomas from “mills”: you know, the kind of thing they advertise in the back of Rolling Stone. (These degrees must be OK, Rolling Stone is so scrupulous with their advertisers that they won’t even run an ad for the Bible)
The woman in charge of data base management for Homeland Security had a bachelor's, master's and PhD from a diploma mill. She insisted co-workers refer to her as "doctor."
So, I’m thinking, maybe my employer should pay for me to be ordained in the Church of Universal Love and Happiness - I’ll settle for Rev.; Doc is not necessary - and then I could take up the slack with the callers who are looking for a wedding facility, venue etc. I’d split the stipends with the church. Well, it was an idea. Maybe being stuck in the house for a day isn’t such a good thing...

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter