Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I won! I think...
A long standing Smith family tradition is a competition to see the first robin of the spring. Saturday afternoon I called Chuck to look out my bedroom window and affirm the presence of a large group of what looked like robins. I was so confused. I thought they went away for the winter. (Chuck and Eddie’s bird-watching books have gone away for the winter...let’s figure it out guys, OK?) On the way to my car I realized that they were robins. Feasting on berries knocked to the ground in the big rain that came a few hours before the big freeze. More power to them. I asked the family to research this while I was out. No one got around to it....the best answer anyone had was that they wer Canadian robins (from the farthest reaches...) and they thought they were, indeed, south. Oh, well. The berries made them happy. The berries also caused some bright green effluent that froze to my car. It should reach 20 degrees today - maybe I’ll be able to scrape/wash it off.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter