Thursday, January 20, 2005

I have read that somewhere between 40 and death, women develop sleep disruptions. Today is an example...because I don’t have to be out of the house until 8:10 today, I set the alarm for 7:00 to get some extra sleep. So why am I up at 4:50 with random thoughts dancing through my head? Perhaps I am not admitting to giving too much credence to the petty back-biting and gossip at work. (I don’t think I’ve ever been the subject of gossip before. I’m trying to give no thought to what I hear, but it disturbs me since what seems to be provoking the gossip is that I do my job efficiently, well and I avoid forming strategic alliances a la some crappy reality TV shows. So what can I do? Nothing. Except maybe go to confession because I am a little too flattered by the gossip. Plus having fallen into the distraction of pondering things which are out of my control. Heartworm time. If my soul is glass through which the light of God may shine, my soul is way too much like my windshield. Dusty, salty, encrusted with that creepy bird poop.) It sure wasn’t Point Pleasant that disturbed my sleep. I am a bit dismayed that there was a disclaimer about the show being inappropriate because of violence, but no warning about the soft core flesh exposure and teen canoodling. There was a lot of canoodling. A lot of flesh. I don’t recall seeing any violence...although I do tend to multi-task while watching TV and if the remote is within reach, I flip around during the ads. VH1’s I Love the ‘90’s - Part Deux showed a movie clip of a man having a corksrew driven through his foot. But I don’t recall anything shockingly violent on Point Pleasant.

It’s time to finish putting the house in order and getting things organized. Then I’m off for a quick appointment and then work, which could run late because I’m expecting a religious goods rep to stop by. Work, which is more interesting than it should be. St. Sebastian, intercede for us who are having trouble bearing with the slings and arrows of pedestrian life. Pray for me...that I can forgive and forget the virtual knife in my back.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter