Thursday, January 20, 2005

COWS ARE FUN
I recently saw a report about the first paper and pen-less classrooms. All laptops and smart boards. My first snarky thought was what to the small-time vandals do. I wasn’t much of a desk writer myself, but I always found the scribblings on my desks during high-school to be somewhat amusing. Like the desk in chemistry upon which the inscription of all the words to Rocky Raccoon was an ongoing group effort.

Last week Rick and Chuck picked up a load of used iMacs (from a well-to-do high school) to be reconditioned and donated to local schools of lesser means. My answer to the vandal question lay in the keyboard that Chuck showed me. Someone with a little too much time and not enough supervision had pried off the keys and rearranged them to form short sentences. The most memorable being, “COWS ARE FUN.”

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter