Monday, December 13, 2004

Those harmful Christmas myths...

I’m not worried about kids growing with feelings of betrayal and confusion from Santa. I think a lot of damage is being done by TV ads that depict luxury cars showing up with big red bows and women ecstatic over the gift of diamonds. This is all rather goofy and amusing to me, but I wonder how many girls are growing up thinking that the measure of a good husband is his ability to produce a luxury car or a splooey piece of jewelry. Let’s not even talk about the toxic effects of the BMW ad with the woman bragging about what she is getting from ‘herself’ this year. Humbug!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter