Monday, November 29, 2004

Gonosyphiherpelaids

Gonosyphiherpelaids is an all purpose term that some of my family members use as an umbrella term meaning “every possible communicable disease.” I used to cringe at this. It is rather gross. But the word comes to mind every time we are assaulted by a TV ad for the “pill” or “patch.” These ads show up at the most ridiculous moments - I mean, can’t I watch JEOPARDY with my children without being bludgeoned with this garbage? The beautiful aura of each commercial is disturbed by a calm voice reminding us that the pill does not protects against HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases. Why don’t they just say “Gonosyphiherpelaids?” Because that is what they mean.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter