Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Fr. Jim Tucker and Fr. Ethan weigh-in on the downside of rectory living. Having had occassional long term houseguests and assorted friends of the kids’ milling about the house I can imagine just a bit of the feeling of never having one’s home to one’s self. Likewise, my dad had his business in our home for much of my life and I learned from him how living ‘above the shop’ can start to make a person feel just a bit batty.

I was thinking about this last week, too, when a co-worker and I were having a bit of a disagreement. Besides having a certain personal standard of professional decorum, we must remember that we are working in the priests’ home. When we’re working we’re not just in the church office, but in somebody’s house. (I think it’s important to check my ego and problems at the door.....if only for the sake of those who can’t escape.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter