Friday, October 15, 2004

Language Lesson...

that the kids were best off missing. (It made the beagle howl, so it must have been good!) Was trying to steal a few last winks in the rainy darkness. My sweet half-sleep was disturbed by a loud exchange coming from the apartments next door. It was a little early for the kids to queuing up for the 6:30am high school bus, so I suppose these were freelance adults talking. I could have sworn that the one fellow had been given the assignment to use F**K in every way possible - noun, verb, adverb, adjective. I was torn between throwing open the window and yelling, “you forgot will be f**king,” or using my active listening skills and cheerfully calling out, “I’m hearing a lot of anger here.”
Once the dogs were riled up there was no point in trying to wring some relaxation out of the 7 minutes left before the alarm went off. Can’t wait for the end of daylight saving time so we can be back to a lighter morn. Then these tirades won’t be quite so annoying. Or I’ll be annoyed, but the light will have me awake so I can brace myself.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter