Saturday, September 18, 2004

Talk about an earworm!

Yesterday morning Martha told me that she had been told that all of Emily Dickinson’s poems can be sung to the tune of The Yellow Rose of Texas. So far it’s working for me. And I spent all of yesterday humming or whistling this tune. Had to put the radio on at bedtime just so I wouldn’t be be thinking The Yellow Rose of Texas. I am putting in a rare Saturday at work today. I don’t think there will be many at home in the rectory today, so I’ll have to put on the radio. Just so I don’t keep whistling The Yellow Rose of Texas.

It is probably a blessing in disguise that I am working today. 9 to 5. That will keep me away from the Friends of the Library Used Book Sale. I did major damage to my budget in just an hour yesterday morning. Not that I didn’t buy anything that wasn’t great.......and a great deal. It was a good thing that I limited my shopping to as much as I could carry at one time (those canvas bags from L.L. Bean hold a lot!) and did my shopping on my way into work so I would have a terminal moment to define the parameter of my spree. As it is, I should be able to scrape up another $20 or so to take the kids back tomorrow afternoon for the half price sale.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter