Wednesday, September 15, 2004


I love my job....

but it has its drawbacks.
“And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.”
“ Eight? “
“Eight Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled...”

Well, I don’t actually get hassled. But sometimes it is difficult to know who I answer to. The priests, really. But the business manager is my boss. Although I work at the direction of the ‘main’ secretary. But about five other people also tell me what to do. (That’s why I like it when the Cardinal calls. There’s no question that he's the boss. There are days that I wish I had reason for confidential office meetings and could just close my door and wish that nobody would notice that I am there. I could carve out a little “George Costanza-esque” hiding place under my desk, but that is the area that I use for hiding office supplies. It’s a church, for heaven’s sake, theft is not a problem. Or shouldn’t be. There are problems of supplies just drifting away. So I keep a secret stash of one of every essential item. Plus charcoal, baptismal candles and other sacristy needs. So there is no room to curl up in the fetal position....

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter