Wednesday, May 12, 2004

It’s not so much that the Jesus Chic bothers me, as the dread of when the vulgar parodies take off.


e.g.:



You think Von Dutch is hard to find, bet you never saw Von Bitch!


How do I know about Von Bitch? We have one (shirt,that is.) Martha bought one and I was sufficiently amused (on the grounds that we are a ‘von’ family) that I didn’t go with my first instinct which was to tell her to take that vulgar piece of crap back to where she found it. We did decide on a few ground rules, i.e. don’t wear to church, school, grandma’s, work, library etc. Basically, don’t wear it out of the house. In all truth, I would have been more disappointed in her if she had plunked down the big bucks to get on the ridiculous star-struck Von Dutch bandwagon.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter