Sunday, April 18, 2004

Local Filming for Ocean’s Twelve Boy What a Pain in the Ass!
A friend of Martha’s saw Brad Pitt and George Clooney in a bar. My big question for Martha? What are your underage friends doing in a bar? (OK, so it was a bar/restaurant.) I’m still not impressed.

Yesterday was my first ‘free’ Saturday in almost a year. I was able to go to Mass and get in line for confession without worrying that I wouldn’t be done in time to open the rectory. (Until now I had to rely on making a hasty exit to get to the back of the church or hoping that people I knew would offer me a cut to the front of the queue because I had to open the office by 9:00 and/or going to confession on a day when I knew that all available priests were in the confessionals so that they wouldn’t seeing my scrambling in to the office late. Not of these options were what I would call good spiritual preparation for a sacrament.) So yesterday I could take it nice and easy. And then meet a friend for breakfast at the bagel shop in town.

To start with the good news...... We actually could find a place to park. And the bagel shop wasn’t crowded. But that’s because there were hoardes of rubberneckers wandering the sidewalks and loitering on the square. A train was stopped in the station and there were movie studio trucks all over. A bunch of extras in winter coats were standing on the platform, looking so hot and uncomfortable that it made me sweat.

On our way back from visiting the Rummage Shop we were nearly trampled by running onlookers who must have heard the word that someone big was about to arrive. That was my cue to jump in the car and get out of town while I had the chance. I think they’re leaving town tomorrow. We can only hope....

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter