Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I was right!
I asked the Princess if she had seen a Victoria’s Secret ad with a man who appeared to be Bob Dylan. Knowing that I am not given to the use of halucinatory substances, her best response was, “I think you need more rest.”

Well, baby, I was right. In addition to the commercial -- Dylan's first in his 40-year career -- Victoria's Secret stores are also offering a nine-track CD of his songs for $10. "I can't speak for his motivation, but it certainly wouldn't be commercial," Razek says.

His motivation may not be commercial. It appears that the erstwhile spokesman for the counter-culture is now a dirty old man who likes to loiter with winged girls wearing nothing but high-priced skivvies.

There is a satisfaction in knowing that I was right. And not hallucinating. But a sadness in seeing a cultural icon (not one of my favorite singers, but I’ll give him credit where due) shilling for lingerie. Over-priced lingerie at that. ( I respect Michael Jordan for working for Hanes...Hanes I can relate to.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter