Sunday, April 25, 2004

But I was just starting to like Tyne Daly...
And when did you sell out, Julian Bond? I once thought you were so cool....

My afternoon would have been better spent hitting myself over the head with a board. It would have been less painful that way. But I decided to wrap my sister's birthday gifts, sort laundry and tidy my bedroom to the accompaniment of the C-SPAN coverage of the March for Women's Lives. Why did I put myself thru the shrill rhetoric, smug and evil self-congratulation and political grandstanding? Why? I don't know.

Small consolation was to be found in seeing that the crowd of a million that the speakers raved about sure didn't look so big. And seeing that this was a group fueled by anger. Not righteous anger, but free floating rage. And a movement based on non-specific rage cannot possibly be successful. (They may win/have won their battles, but they can't possibly win the war.)

Oh, now I see this is the second to the top story on the NBC news. Gag.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter