Saturday, November 29, 2003

My favorite Christmas movie of all time....

This is the finest secular Christmas movie ever. After all these years I still like the songs (my sister and I are especially fond the the ‘Sisters’ number. Perhaps I shall recite it as part of a toast at her wedding.....) and the story is simple yet schmaltzy enough to be fun. This, unlike so many other holiday ‘specials’ is devoid of the pious spiritual pretensions that promise to make them oh so very ‘touching’ and special. Yes, there is a ‘spiritual’ lesson in White Christmas but we are spared an intro by Danny Kaye or Rosemary Clooney telling us how they learned the true meaning of Christmas and learned to love and share.

Embot found this for me on DVD yesterday. I am so excited. Last year I watched the beginning about 30 times and always fell asleep (no offense intended to the movie itself). In the morning the tape had rewound itself to the beginning and I was left to start over again. Now I can jump around and start wherever I wish. Anybody up for the “Choreography” number?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter