Saturday, October 04, 2003

Pansy liked School of Rock. I have been reluctant to admit to my family that I wouldn’t mind seeing it. They know that Jack Black drives me to distraction - and I don’t mean this as a compliment.

Martha and I had a scathingly brilliant idea while driving to school yesterday. Roger Ebert was complaining the Joseph Fiennes’ performance in Luther was excessively low-key. He brought nofire, no pizzazz to the role of a religious revolutionary. (I really don’t think I want to see Luther. To me it looks like a boring flash back to those interminable Thursday night Reformation Era Thinkers classes. Only with popcorn and Cherry Coke.) So....would it have been more engaging if someone like, let’s say, Jack Black, played Luther. Just an idea...

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter