Wednesday, October 08, 2003

About Arnold....
I wish him well. Can’t say that I agree with him about everything. In many ways he strikes me as a Democrat in Republican clothing.
...and the gropees.
I do not wish to diminish the discomfort of any woman who feels she has been hurt or violated by inappropriate touching. But I also think that such incidents should be addressed as quickly and basically as possible. (Naturally, I make exceptions for frightened children or women who feel their safety is in danger.) I was explaining to my daughters that I was ‘groped’ once....in a crowded bar on St. Patrick’s Day. (Not this year....sometime in the last century) I stopped walking, reached behind me and grabbed the hand of the ‘groper,’ held it up and giving it a mild swat, said, “Shame on you.” I don’t know how ashamed he was, but I know that I remember the incident but don’t carry it around in my heart as a moment of guilt and humiliation. Maybe I was supposed to ask his name and tell him, “II’ll be back to haunt you if you ever run for public office.”

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter