Friday, September 12, 2003

Friday Five
1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed? Marriage has added the noble von Huben.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be? I might take back the Smith as a surname. No offense to the noble von Hubens.......but Smith is a heck of a lot easier for pizza delivery ordering etc.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?) My parents. I wasn’t consulted. (I believe I had a great-grandmother named Ellen. ) My parents couldn’t agree on Ellen or Lynn. But my mother had a good friend with a daughter named Ellyn and ripped my name off....

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why? I love my children’s names. Larry is a name that makes me cringe... bad childhood experiences with nasty boys named Larry. People would sometimes call my father, Loren, Larry. I wanted to punch them in the nose. (You can’t blame people for misunderstanding a quickly uttered Lorensmith for Lawrence Smith. Or whatever.)

I have wacky moments when I wish I had named the girls Flora, Fauna, Merriweather and Briar Rose. (What does that leave for me? Maleficent?) Perhaps it is best that I didn’t know that I would have 4 girls in a row.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com / triggur.org / astroexpert accurate? How or how isn’t it?

Kabalarians was great. Just like the horoscope in Vanity Fair...
The name Ellyn gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary.....Although you have a clever, quick, capable mind, your progress in life is restricted by instability in your affairs and misunderstandings with people. Your impulsive nature can lead to actions which you later regret taking, or to accidents. Relaxation is elusive, and depletion due to nervous tension can develop to the point where you become subject to moods of depression and morbid thoughts. Yeah, right.

Triggur.org was funny. Vulgar but at least funny.

The Vedic projections from astroexpert were confusing. And about as much fun as a small appliance wiring schematic.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter