Saturday, February 01, 2003

Help Me, St. Anthony
Since I 'knew' where everything was, I waited until this morning to pull together all the documents Martha needs to go to the DMV for her learners' permit. The piece of mail post marked within 90 days wasn't too hard to find; she claims she has her SS card and a signed piece of school work to prove her signature......all I need is the birth certificate. I was sure I knew where it was. Ooops.
So far I have......
*Em's birth certifcate (which I must have mistaken for Martha's at some point because they are both from Wisconsin.)
*My new State of Wisconsin certificate issued when the State Department declared my old one funky and illegible
*My funky birth certificate with my parents' signatures (pause for moment of nostalgia)
*the birth certificate of the brother of Bridget's former boyfriend. This fellow is now serving 10 years for holding up a liquor store.......twice........in the same night. I thought Bridget returned it to her old beau, but now she says, "J. doesn't need it where he is - let's not upset his family more." Why do I have it? Your guess is as good as mine. A lot of strange things turn up here.

So I'm really under the gun . I have to work all day and this is Rick's last chance to get Martha to the DMV before she starts drivers' ed. Naturally, all DMV offices are closed on Monday.
Help me, St. Anthony.......

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter