Wednesday, February 05, 2003

The Big Chill
or something like it. For 'kids' too young to remember the movie.
Fran stopped home between today's funeral and the following lunch. "This is so weird. So sad. But I saw all these people I haven't seen in ages....." Will probably hear the full 'post mortem' at dinner, since the flower fairy couldn't get off of work to attend.

Fran will be 22 in a month. This is about the fifth ad hoc reunion that she has attended in the past year. We live in a very nice suburb. There is no cholera. No land mines. No gun brandishing gang-bangers. Yet my daughters 'know' more dead people than I do. (That is adjusting for dead relatives that we hold in common - e.g. my mother doesn't count.) Something is not right.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter