Wednesday, January 08, 2003

DECORATION ONLY, NOT A CHILD’S TOY
My nominee for the phrase that should be banished from the English language. It is stamped on the back of everything. Does anyone pay attention to this? The old-school decorations from my childhood going all the way back to my great-grandfather’s miniature sleigh with Father Christmas and eight worse for the wear celluloid reindeer are blessedly free from this warning.

The last straw was seeing this on the back of my package of 75 brass ornament hooks. Ornament hooks alone aren’t even a decent decoration, let alone one that could be mistaken for a toy. This must be in a tie in the legal caveat sweepstakes with my sister’s cocktail napkin with a decorative island map that said, “not for navigational purposes.”

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter