Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Back to Work!!!
I'm fine now. Really. I think. Bad night of crazy dreams - overslept.(didn't set alarm because Martha has exams and doesn't need to be at school until 10:30) I almost always wake up before the alarm - setting it is just a compulsion. But today I slept 'til 7:30 so I guess I needed the rest. It must have been a rough night - woke up with pillows all over the floor and strangling in the tangle my scapular and Miraculous Medal turned into. (I'm low maintenance - I sleep with earrings in, too, so I'm always ready to get up and dressed in less than a minute. 5 minutes if I shower.) But my voice is back and I'm ready to get back on track. Think I need more caffeine, though. I referred to the dog as Lady - the name of my late father's Springer Spaniel. And in discussing modern keyboarding and the lack of opportunity for young people to learn how to work a real typewriter, I asked if anyone had seen my old Smith and Wesson. Ooops.

Note to Em: Just wanted to tell you now, so you won't be shocked when you come home on Friday - I think the bamboo is dead. I'm not a botanist, but brown and shrivelled spells D-E-A-D to me. We'll get a new one and try harder.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter