Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Thanks...
to Joel Fuhrmann of Religious Left Watch for the kind mention.

I’ve been enjoying his site, especially since I too, am a former UU, though for me this was a ‘phase’ that lasted less than five years. I must write and ask him if he was born Unitarian or was a convert. The congregation to which we belonged had very few ‘cradle Unitarians.’ It struck me at one time that they were about as successful at breeding new members as Shakers. Obviously for different reasons. My disillusionment with the UU Association started in earnest when I joined a very small national group called Unitarians for Life, comprised of those who were dismayed at a yearly condemnation of animal cruelty, the death penalty etc. and a wholesale endorsement of reproductive rights in fullest meaning of the term. (I can’t quote any stats, but I would guess that a national convention of the U for L could be held in a good size McDonalds'....as long as that wouldn’t offend the vegans.....) I had really always wanted to be a Catholic, even as a Lutheran child, and this was another good prod to point my feet and heart in the right direction and finally join the Church!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter