Thursday, December 19, 2002

Richards Blog has more to say on parents who ‘aren’t with the program’

He’s not kidding. I spent six years as a CCD teacher and found it hard to teach children who were taken to Mass so little. And you can’t yell at second graders for not going to Mass - it’s really not their fault. (My all time favorite was the time I asked the class who had noticed the new Paschal candle on Easter. One boy said, “We couldn’t go to Church, we were in Ocho Rios.”) I usually walked out of class feeling like Charlie Brown when he got a rock while trick-or-treating - disappointed but resigned.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter