Monday, December 16, 2002

Homeschool Honor Society
I have mixed emotions about this.
I had no idea that having the National Honor Society on your resume was that helpful in college admissions. And I feel that the absence of that kind of external judgement is one of the pluses of homeschooling , at least for some students.
I may look into it anyway.

(Before Embot ‘outs’ me, I’ll jump in and admit that I can be smug and maybe even a little bitter, because I knew I was smarter than a lot of the kids in the National Honor Society at Cedarburg High, but I never bothered to crack the books. So instead of processing in for graduation at the head of the line with a gold cord around my neck, I was with the ‘alphabeticals.’ My test scores must have been fairly good - I did have schools trying to ‘recruit’ me. But I feel bad in retrospect. My mother graduated from the same high school some 33 years earlier. She was valedictorian. I sure showed her I was my own girl. Have I ever mentioned that she never told me that she was valedictorian? I found her graduation program and a copy of her speech when cleaning out my uncle’s attic.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter