Wednesday, December 11, 2002


For a minute........
I thought Fr. Jim Tucker had given me a link to a final, if hopefully far off, career option. An enterprising Illinoisian is ‘sending’ messages to the departed via messengers who will memorize them and deliver them upon their arrival wherever.
I have a certain talent for memorization and the $10 a word looks inviting. (I’d even throw in a gratis Midnight Ride of Paul Revere, Gettysburg Address or a varied selection of Beatles tunes if requested) Then I get to the details. The agent gets the $10 a word. The messages are delivered by a “volunteer.” Well, that’s a rip-off. (OK, it would be a rip off if the ‘messengers’ got the money, too!)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter