Thursday, December 05, 2002

December 5!!!!
The use of Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas and other popular characters as a means of extorting good behavior from children is abhorent to me. (Santa, in my estimation, is a tangible and understable to the young mind, manifestation of unconditional love.)

That being said, I am leaving for my Bible Study group this morning witht the warning that if the junk isn't cleared off the hearth, St. Nick just won't be able to make it tonight. Nothing personal - I'll just bar the door, not wanting to assume any liability for injuries he might sustain. I want the Troll Trunk removed - it's in the way of having a fire in the fireplace, anyway - the miscellaneous computer cords assigned to some proper home, and all the other books and junk filed somewhere.

This year I may be able to put the wooden shoes on the hearth just for decoration. We found these in the attic of my late uncle's house. My best guess is that they were some sort of shoe related gift to my aunt, who spent over 50 years in the children's shoe business.

These shoes have been problematic the past couple of years. They fit Eddie and he would leave the house and walk up and down the street in them. As if we didn't look weird enough. Last year, they were a tight fit and he needed help to take them off. My wish for this year is that he can't cram his feet into them and we can display them for fun.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter