Monday, December 23, 2002

Blast from the Past
Taking a break from last minute Christmas stuff.......making room for the Christmas tree and Emily (Emily of the ‘sleeping on the couch because Mom gave away your bed’ lore.) Emily and her beau, Ed, put up the 100 pieces of hand-tooled Victorian tinsel. Bless their hearts......

Relapsed Catholic has a link to an article about one of the weirdest movies I’ve ever seen. Santa Claus, made in Mexico circa 1959, is so weird I had almost totally blanked it out of my mind. I remember our little family riding home from seeing this fascinating cultural pastiche at the Rivoli theatre, in total silence. It was just so weird we had nothing to say. Karen was just a baby, but she would have been speechless anyway. It was just weird. And all this time I had been telling people that I never saw a movie I didn’t like until a bunch of us went to see The Getaway sometime during high school or college. Santa Claus was a very repressed memory.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter