Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Am not good at this Aunt thing.......
A really cool aunt (like my Aunt Tommy) would take the kids downtown. Maybe lunch at the Walnut Room, looking at Field's windows, visiting Santa. If she were alive today, I'm sure the American Girls store would be on her itinerary, too.

I made macaroni and cheese. The kids are playing nicely. (Now that we've confiscated the noodles that worked their way back in from the garage and were being swung a little to close to the prissy Christmas village set up on my hutch. So I've turned into a prissy old aunt worried about broken knick-knacks.) Martha has Karen's permission to dye Anne's hair. (They did it a couple of times over the summer......I hope they pick out a nice color. Something that occurs in nature would be good.) The cupboard is pretty bare (i.e. no chocolate) so I'll make some oatmeal cookies. Taking the gang out to buy chocolate chips is too overwhelming a prospect. And we'll work on singing Tintinabula. (Hoping the kids will go home with pleasant memories. Just like I have of my aunts. Like the time Aunt Dimi taught me to sing "On, Wisconsin," while brushing my teeth.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter